Student Travel Fund
The purpose of the ACT on IDEAs Student Travel Fund is to provide monetary assistance to individual students who desire to enhance their academic and personal development through participation at local, regional, state, national and/or international conferences related to research in his/her academic degree at Texas A&M International University (TAMIU).
To provide assistance to as many students as possible, total funds per student may not exceed $750 per academic year. Priority will be given to first-time applicants and ACT on IDEAs Fellowship recipients.
To ensure adequate time for review, students must submit Travel Fund Request Form at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of departure (only electronic submissions will be considered).
The student must:
- Be currently enrolled at TAMIU for a minimum of 12 semester hours. If submitting a request during summer, proof of enrollment in fall semester is needed.
- Be in good standing with TAMIU.
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree at TAMIU.
- Be actively participating -presenting paper, serving as panelist, etc.- in the conference (proof must be attached in the Requested Documents section of this request form).
- Be ACT on IDEAs Fellowship recipient or be involved in faculty-mentored research (faculty research mentor approval is required and authorization form must be attached in the Required Documents section of the Student Travel Fund Request Form).
The student must:
- Complete all sections of the ACT on IDEAs Student Travel Fund Request Form by following steps below:
- Access the following Link -> https://tamiu.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/156378
- Log in with your Student Credentials,
- If you do not have an account in Trailblazers, click on create account. You will be directed to the Student Travel Request Form,
- Complete electronic application,
- Upload documents below in the Required Documents section of the Student Travel Fund Request Form:
- Evidence of conference participation (i.e., acceptance email/letter, name and abstract in program, etc.).
- Travel Liability Waiver Form. Download Form HERE.
- Faculty Research Mentor Approval Form. Download Form HERE.
If submitting a request during summer, proof (i.e., copy of schedule) of enrollment in fall semester is needed.
Once the Request Form has been submitted, the QEP-ACT on IDEAs Office will review the application packet. If approved for funding, students will be notified via email.
- During the conference: students must save all receipts from travel (airfare, taxi, gas, registration, meals, lodging, etc.).
- Upon return: On/before one month from return of travel, students are required to submit a 1-2 page report with the following information:
- A description of how attendance at the conference enhanced academic, research and personal development.
- A detailed expense report itemizing all expenses incurred (i.e. transportation, food, lodging, etc.). Original receipts should be attached and submitted to the ACT on IDEAs office (KL333). Download Form HERE.
- Funds will be deposited to Students TAMIU OneCard
Failure to submit items 1-2 upon return from travel will result in ineligibility for future funding (for one academic year) from QEP-ACT on IDEAs.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (956) 326-3130
5201 University Blvd., Laredo, TX
Killam Library 333
Laredo, TX 78041
Like Us on Facebook