Office of the Comptroller

Home      Staff      Accounts Payable       Business Office     Reports      Travel      Account Services


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


1) Who do I contact regarding my refund?
Contact the Business Office at (956) 326-2140.  Students' refunds are processed from Higher One. 

2) I have decided not to attend classes this semester. What do I do with my refund?
If you have decided not to attend classes and received a refund, contact the Business Office.  If refund is not returned, you may be in violation of State and/or Federal law. Write a letter to the University stating you will not be attending along with a check or go by USC137 to return the funds by credit card. 

3) What forms of payments are accepted?
Students may submit payment by cash, check, or credit card.  Students may pay by credit card online by logging into Student Services and clicking on the Account Summary/Credit Card Payments link.  For more information please click here.

4) I can't pay my entire balance now. What are my options?
The installment plan is available to students to pay for tuition and fees in 3 payments. Please click here for more information.

5) What will happen if I don't make payment by the due date?
If you do not make payment by the due date, you will be charged a $50.00 late fee.  For important due dates, please click here for more information.


1) How do I set up a new account?
A new account form will need to be completed.  The form and directions can be found on the Account Services page.

2) How do I get access to FAMIS?
The Application for Access for FAMIS & Purchasing Approval will need to be completed. The form is available in the Comptroller's Office in KL 162.

3) How will I know when I have a user i.d.?
Once a user i.d. has been assigned, Pat Ornelas will contact you and schedule a Financial Accounting Training. 

4) I will be responsible for completing Requisitions ("R's"). Is that training included in the Financial Accounting Training?
No, it's not included.  You will need to contact the Purchasing Department to sign up for Requisition Training.

5) I have locked myself out of FAMIS or have lost my password. What do I do?
You will need to contact Fred Segovia of OIT at ext. 2305.

6) I have not used FAMIS for 6 months and tried to log in. Why can't I log in?
If you have not logged into FAMIS in 3 months, your user i.d. will be disabled.  You will need to reapply for access by completing the Application for Access for FAMIS & Purchasing Approval and complete the Financial Accounting Training.


Back to Home Page

Office of the Comptroller
hone: (956)326-2378, Fax:(956)326-2159

5201 University Blvd. KL 162
Laredo, Texas 78041-1900

5201 University Boulevard, Laredo, TX 78041-1900 Work956.326.2100