3.1 The Office of Human Resources will develop, maintain, and issue detailed procedures instructions, and guidelines to departments for use in the hiring process.
3.2 The Office of Human Resources is responsible for:
(1) assisting departments in developing consistent, job-related selection procedures; listing vacancies; and identifying qualified applicants.
(2) recruiting, screening, and referring applicants.
(3) ensuring that Texas A&M International hiring practices meet the requirements of all federal and state laws and regulations.
informing University personnel of proper hiring procedures through workshops handbooks, and other methods of communication.
(5) monitoring the hiring of University employees to ensure full support of the University Affirmative Action Plan.
3.3 University Departments are responsible for:
(1) preparing and using job descriptions throughout the hiring process.
(2) developing and following consistent, job-related selection procedures.
(3) following University hiring procedures, listing vacant positions with the Office of Human Resources, and ensuring all applicants are referred by the Office of Human Resources.
(4) hiring qualified applicants based on the parameters established in a comprehensive Notice of Vacancy.