The Texas B-On-Time Loan is a zero-interest loan for eligible Texas students. The entire amount borrowed can be forgiven provided that the borrower meets the forgiveness requirements. This loan is funded by the state of Texas and repayment is made to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
The Office of Student Financial Aid awards the B-On Time Loan based upon student eligibility and availability of funds. Student eligibility is based on the FAFSA and other program requirements. Students will be notified of the B-On-Time Loan award through Uconnect and their student email account. If awarded a Be-On-Time Loan, students must complete additional application requirements before they are eligible to receive funds.
- Have completed a FAFSA and be eligible to receive federal financial aid.
- Be enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree program
- Be a Texas resident or be entitled to pay resident tuition rates as a dependent child of a member of the U.S. armed forces
- Have graduated in 2003 or later from a high school operated by D.O.D. or a public or private high school in Texas under the recommended or distinguished high school program or its equivalent or
- Have earned an associate’s degree from an eligible institution no earlier than May 1, 2005
Students cannot be awarded TEXAS Grant and the Texas B-On-Time Loan in the same semester.
In the 1st Academic Year - meet TAMIU's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
At the end of the 2nd and Subsequent Academic Years - complete at least 75% of the semester credit hours attempted in the most recent academic year and have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) on all course work previously attempted at institutions of higher education.
A student may not receive B-On-Time loan funds for than 150 credit hours.
For more information about the B-On-Time Loan, please click here.
Zaffirini Student Success Center Suite 214
5201 University Blvd.
Laredo, TX 78041