United States/ Mexico Relations
Eagle Ford Shale
The Binational Center is a leader in promoting research and disseminating scientific studies on the local phenomenon of oil and gas extraction that is impacting the world, known as Eagle Ford Shale. We have participated in various events and conferences to share this information and provide opportunities for our region. Please see below for more details on our events, conferences, and presentations.
- August 30, 2013 - Shale Gas: Experiencias y Oportunidades
This was a presentation given by Binational Center Director, Maria Eugenia Calderón-Porter in Mexico City to an audience of over 400 attendees at an event sponsored/organized by AMESPAC, COPARMEX, and Club de Industriales.
- November 18, 2013 - Mexican Energy Reform & Industrial America
Mexico’s government will announce the extent of its Energy Reforms by November 15th. We invite you to attend a presentation of opportunities available to the USA Industry and an explanation of what the new laws mean to the international petroleum/gas economy. Please join us at this very important event. Click here to see the agenda for the day.
- January 29, 2014- Eagle Ford Consortium Meeting
This was the first Eagle Ford Consortium Meeting in Laredo. At this event, the new Binational Committee of the Eagle Ford Shale Consortium was introduced. The mission of this new committee is to assist US and Mexico business, government, institutions, and universities in their endeavors to engage in bi-national commerce related to the oil and gas industry for the mutual benefit of each country and its citizens. Some of the presenters at the event were AMESPAC Director Antonio Juárez, CNH Commissioner Guillermo Dominguez, Mexico City Attorney Javier Zenteno of Zenteno-Lira Mora Abogados, and Mexico City Attorney Juan Carlos Solis of Solis Mendoza Abogados. Please see list below for their presentations, and click here to see the agenda for the day.
- "Mexican Oil & Gas Industry Investment Opportunities Post Reform" by Lic. Antonio Juárez of AMESPAC (Asociación Mexicana de Empresas de Servicios Petroleros)
- "Shale Gas in México" by Dr. Guillermo Dominguez-Vargas of CNH (Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos)
- "Análisis de la Reforma Constitucional en Materia de Energía. Siguientes Pasos: Leyes Secundarias, Normatividad y Contratos" by Lic. Javier Zenteno Barrios of Zenteno - Lira Mora Abogados
- "Energy Reform in Mexico: Impact on Foreign Investors" by Lic. Juan Carlos Solis of Solis Mendoza Abogados.
- April 22-23, 2014- Eagle Ford Consortium Conference: Driving the 21st Century Texas Economy: Sustainable Oil & Gas Communities
Presentations from panel: Shale Regions: The Mexican Shale in "Play!"- Moderator- Maria Eugenia Calderon-Porter
- "Mexican Energy Sector, Investment Opportunities Post Reform" by Lic. Antonio Juárez, Director, AMESPAC (Asociación Mexicana de Empresas de Servicios Petroleros)
- "Energy Reform: Challenges and Opportunities" by Dr. Rogelio Montemayor Seguy, Director, Cluster Minero-Petrolero de Coahuila, A.C.
- May 22-23, 2014- Texas International Energy Summit 2014: Chapter Laredo
Texas Energy Summit, on its chapter Laredo Energy, will be the first international gathering point in which professionals, entrepreneurs and authorities will participate with informative conferences and an Expo (& Trade Show). In this symposium panelists will analyze investment opportunities, the supply chain, and all the ongoing aspects of Mexico’s Energy Reform.
- "Energy Reform in Mexico: Secondary Legislation" by Dr. Guillermo C. Domínguez Vargas, Commissioner, Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos (CNH).
- "Zonas Especiales de Desarrollo Económico en El Ecuador" by Dr. Marcos Guayasamín, Presidente & CEO, EJAL Consultoría Integral.
- "Mexico: An Important Global Actor" by Julio Carlos Marrón recamier, Consejero Comercial de ProMéxico en Houston.
- "Mexico Stands to Benefit from Reforms and Navigate Fed's Tapering with Relative Ease" by Jesús Cañas, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- "Mexico's Economy and Energy Situation" by Jonathan Ruiz Torre, El Financiero.
- "Reforma Energética Legislación Secundaria" by Juan Acra, Presidente de la Comisión de Energía, COPARMEX Nacional.
- "La Reforma Mexicana en materia de Energía Marco Constitucional Iniciativas de Leyes Secundarias" by Javier Zenteno Barrios, Socio, Zenteno-Lira Mora Abogados.
- "Challenges and Strategic Services" by Dr. Rogelio Montemayor Seguy, Cluster Minero-Petrolero de Coahuila, A.C.
- "Mexico Proposed Reforms for the O&G Industry" by Antonio Juárez, Director, Asociación Mexicana de Empresas de Servicios Petroleros, A.C. (AMESPAC).
- "Presente y Futuro del Proyecto Burgos: Activo Integral Burgos" Mexico's Economy and Energy Situation" by Ricardo Martínez Sierra, Activo Integral Burgos, Pemex Exploration and Production.
- "The Hydrocarbon Hat Trick: How Eagle Ford is impacting Texas" by Jesse Thompson, Regional Business Economist, The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Houston Branch.
- "The Changing Business Environment" by Leodoro Martínez, Jr., Chairman, Eagle Ford Consortium.
- "Cotulla: A Case Study on Sustainable Growth" by Larry Dovalina, City Manger, Cotulla.
- "How to Become a Stakeholder in the Port of Corpus Christi?" by Ruben Medina, Director of Business Development, Port of Corpus Christi.
For additional information contact us at:
Texas A&M International University
5201 University Boulevard
Student Center 118
Laredo, TX 78041
Tel. 956-326-2834 — Fax 956-326-2836
Office Hours: Mon. - Fri., 8 am - 5 pm
Become our fan!