If you can give us at least a two weeks notice (please use request form below) we can plan a career-related workshop for your class period. The class doesn't need to be canceled to have us come in and present. We can work with you to design a career-related workshop for your class. You may also program one of our on-going workshops as a class assignment. The request form is found in the following link:
Refer him or her to our office for an appointment with a counselor. Tools used may include the MBTI (personality type test), Strong Interest Inventory (SII), and information from our Career Resource Center / Career Cafe.
Send us (an e-mail / fax / or in person) a description with the contact information. We will advertise it in our DustyWorks! Online Job Board and our Social Media sites.
Before you provide a letter of recommendation, please ensure that you have the student’s permission by completing the following consent form:
Career Services would like to share this resource with you from our national organization, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). This is a guide to assist you as you begin to receive reference letter requests and provide letters for our graduates.
The Faculty Reference Letter Packet has three sections:
What Can a Faculty Member Say or Write?
- Reference letters are like performance letters for our students
- Make sure the information is disclosed to individuals who need to know
Tips for Providing References
- Obtain consent from the student and discuss the type of reference you can provide (general vs. glowing)
- Adhere to FERPA and DO NOT provide any information regarding educational information unless you have consent from the student.
- Document all the information you release to the employer(s)
Sample Reference Letter
- To be used as a guide
- Great resource for adjunct faculty or other faculty and staff members who will be providing reference letters for the first time
Thank you again for assisting our students on their pathway to success of their chosen career.
Feel free to contact the Office of Career Services should you have any questions. We look forward to working with you in providing classroom presentations and/or workshops for your students.
Office of Career Services / Office of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Student Center 114 • Regular Hours: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
TEL 956.326.HIRE (4473) • FAX 956.326.2259 • email@example.com