Office of Continuing EducationMenu
Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies
Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies is ideal for anyone seeking a broader understanding of basic accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures.
Length: 300.00 Hours (Online)
*We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 6 months. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee. *
Our online accounting and bookkeeping course included the following modules:
- The Accounting Cycle - Introduction to Accounting and Bookkeeping:
- In this module, students are given a basic understanding of accounting terminology and principles, with an emphasis on the accounting cycle.
- Worksheets, Journals and Ledgers
- Students learn the basic skills needed to record transactions chronologically using accounting journals, and how to use ledgers to categorize accounts.
- Accounting Management
- Students are given a firm grasp of how businesses use financial statements to record transactions that have been recorded in journals and ledgers. They also learn how to interpret and use financial statements to determine profitability and track cash flow.
- Payroll Bookkeeping
- In this module, you will learn the basics of the payroll process, including payroll expenses, liabilities, taxes, forms, laws and regulations as well as a variety of other payroll functions.
- Accounts Payable
- This module introduces students to the proper accounting and bookkeeping procedures for tracking accounts payable.
- Accounts Receivable
- You will learn the most common accounting procedures used by businesses when tracking accounts receivable.
- The Budgeting Process
- You will learn the fundamental skills needed to prepare and manage a budget.
- You will also become familiar with the various budget components and learn how they work together, as well as how to use financial statements to prepare, organize, and structure a budget.
- Microsoft Excel
- This module acquaints you with Microsoft Excel and how to use this powerful accounting tool when scheduling, listing, and analyzing financial data.
- QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Many smaller businesses use only a small portion of the functionality available in the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Over the course of this module, you will learn the basic functions of one of this highly popular accounting and bookkeeping program.
- The QuickBooks module teaches students how to create a general ledger, the correct methods for data entry, and how to generate basic accounting reports.
- Financial Statements
- This module focuses on how to use financial statements when seeking to obtain financing.
In partnership with World Education INC
Funding for Courses:
Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM
The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes. www.salliemae.com/tamiucontedu
No refunds to Sallie Mae Loans after the start of class.