Office of Continuing EducationMenu
Advanced Strategies in Human Resources
Our human resource management certificate course is designed for full time students and professionals who are currently employed in the human resources industry, or office administration, as well as anyone involved in the human resource process.
Our "anytime, anywhere" approach to learning allows students to learn at their own pace, as their schedules permits.
Length: 150.00 Hours (Online)
*We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 6 months. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee. *
Our human resource management certificate course includes the following instructional modules:
- Selecting Employees
- The employee selection module examines the recruitment to post-hire process and explores the most effective methods used by companies when attracting, selecting, and on-boarding the best candidate for the given position.
- Such systems yield a highly engaged, productive workforce with the exact skills, knowledge and abilities to quickly contribute to your company's business objectives.
- This module teaches students how to develop and implement a successful selection system within their organization.
- Human Resources Strategic Partnership
- In general, the role of the human resources department is to manage a variety of issues that fall into grey areas.
- Human resource departments and human resource managers are generally given a number of overlapping responsibilities.
- This module focuses on the human resources department as a strategic partner within the enterprise, and how organizations can effectively work with HR as a strategic partner.
- High Performance Organizations
- Becoming a high-performance organization can mean the difference between simply surviving and thriving in today's highly competitive business environment,
So-called "High Performance" organizations, often referred to as "Performance Driven Organizations", are those that typically generate an attractive ROI due to higher productivity, lower operational costs, exceptional customer as well as higher levels of employee retention.
- Over the course of this module, you will examine the various characteristics that lead to the development of the high performance organization.
- Collaboration in Problem Solving
- In this module, students develop strong collaborative problem-solving skills and examine the importance of teamwork in the business environment.
- Assertiveness and Interpersonal Communications Skills
- In this module students are introduced to a variety of interpersonal communication styles as they learn new and different ways to enhance their communication skills.
- This human resource management certificate course helps students build a solid foundation in the human resources terminology and practices.
The course is 100% online and instructor-led which offers students the opportunity to learn at their own pace.
In partnership with World Education Inc.
Funding for Courses:
Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM
The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes. www.salliemae.com/tamiucontedu
No refunds to Sallie Mae Loans after the start of class.