Office of Continuing EducationMenu
Communication and Writing Skills
Our business writing course is designed to help students become more effective and persuasive communicators and focuses on the written and verbal skills they need to succeed in business.
As with all of our courses, this business writing course utilizes state-of-the-art online technologies to ensure that our students receive the best possible learning experience while providing them with the flexibility to advance at their own pace.
The Communication and Writing Skills course teaches students the essential written and verbal skills they need to possess in order to advance their careers. The course focuses on a variety of topics including writing, grammar, and various practices that help them become more effective communicators.
Length: 180.00 Hours (Online)
*We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 6 months. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee. *
This business writing course includes the following modules:
- Writing for Business Newsletters
- Many businesses have found that newsletters are a highly effective way to communicate with employees, customers, and others.
- In this module students are taught how to write interesting, informative and pursuasive newsletters that add value to the business.
- Persuasive Verbal and Written Communications
- Persuasive communication skills are essential for businesses looking to obtain financing as well as the day-to-day operations.
- In this module, students gain confidence by improving their speaking and writing skills.
- Effective Writing Skills
- In this module you are introduced to the fundamentals of effective writing techniques so as to strengthen writing skills for clear effective communication.
- Essentials of Good Grammar
- In this module students explore the fundamental elements of grammar. They are also taught how to write, evaluate, edit and format a variety of common business documents.
- Effective Verbal Communication Skills
- In addition to speaking before an audience, public speaking encompasses a wide range of communications, including speaking to a colleague, co-worker, supervisor or employer, customer or vendor. How well you speak reflects your professionalism and competency, and can effectively help to build your personal brand as well as that of your entire organization.
- Negotiating Strategies
- This module explores the art of negotiating. The study includes the evaluation of various negotiating styles, and strategies for the most common business environments, and helps students develop the fundamental negotiating skills they will need in a variety of business contexts.
In partnership with World Education Inc.
Funding for Courses:
Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM
The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes. www.salliemae.com/tamiucontedu
No refunds to Sallie Mae Loans after the start of class.