Office of Continuing EducationMenu
Introduction to Grant Research and Writing
Students and working professionals alike will benefit from our online grant writing course. Over the course of this program, students learn the essential skills needed to research and write effective grant applications for public, private and government grants.
Over the course of this program, experienced grant writers with real world experience lead students step-by-step through grant writing processes that increase their chances of receiving funding.
Our online grant writing course is designed for full time students and working professionals looking to learn the essential skills needed to research and write effective grant proposals.
Students enrolled in this course learn how to write compelling explanations, descriptions and intentional directions that persuade their readers.
Length: 150.00 Hours (Online)
*We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 180 days. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee. *
Introduction to Grant Research and Writing course includes the following modules:
- Grant Research
- Over the course of this module, you will study the various types of corporate, non-profit, education, and government grants that are available. You will also learn how to research a variety of funding sources and how to get started with the grant acquisition process.
- Effective Grant Writing Techniques
- In this teaching module, you'll receive instruction in technical writing and how to create grant proposals that incorporate the basic components of any good grant proposal - explanation, description and intentional direction.
- Technical Writing Skill
- Students pursuing careers in highly competitive fields like the sciences, education, and those looking to begin a career as a professional grant writer will benefit from this module. Topics covered in this module include style and purpose.
- Advanced Grant Writing Techniques
- In this module, students learn how to develop successful and highly fundable grant proposals. The module also includes a separate lesson covering the potential pitfalls of the grant writing process.
In partnership with World Education Inc.
Funding for Courses:
Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM
The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes. www.salliemae.com/tamiucontedu
No refunds to Sallie Mae Loans after the start of class.