Faculty Development Workshops
One of the activities of the Building Scholars Program is to host an annual faculty development workshop for TAMIU and LCC. The program provides funds for collaborators from other universities and colleges to come to Laredo and present their best practices for teaching and research unique from their home institutions. In turn, this will reflect in strengthening the students' development in all areas including undergraduate research capabilities in their chosen disciplines.
- Maria C. Santana, International/Mass Communication, Director of the Women's and Gender Studies program, the University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, the 2015 Faculty & Administrative Assembly, Enduring Issues on Research in the Undergraduate Curriculum: A Closer Look into Arts and Humanities, August 18, 2015.
- Paul E. Larson, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor of Spanish, and Director of the Baylor in Madrid Summer Study Program, Baylor University Waco, TX, Effective Undergraduate Research Mentoring, April 22, 2016.
- Linda R. Zientek, Sam Houston State University, Houston, TX, Conducting Undergraduate Research in Mathematics Education: The Benefits of Adhering to the Standards, March 24, 2017.
- Adelita G. Cantu, Presidential Award winner and an Associate Professor at the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX, Building Scholars Undergraduate Nursing Research Workshop: Road to Success, October 19, 2017.
- Luis A. Vega, California State University, Bakersfield, CA, Apprenticeship Models for Undergraduate Research: Personalizing Research Practices across the Curriculum (Applications in Sociology, Psychology, and Social Sciences), March 23, 2018.