TAMIU Symphonic Band
Dr. James Moyer, Director
What is Symphonic Band? The TAMIU Symphonic Band includes both music majors and non-majors that play wind or percussion instruments.
- Do I get credit? Yes, this counts towards your music degree and for non-music majors, band will satisfy your elective credit in fine arts
- What if I do not own an instrument? TAMIU provides high quality instruments for all band students to check out each semester
- When does Symphonic Band meet? Symphonic Band meets Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-6:45 in CPFA 134.
- What music do we play? The band performs both traditional and new music for band resulting in a challenging and varied concert program.
- When do we play? The Symphonic Band performs a public concert in the Rectial Hall each semester as well as the Fall and Spring Commencement Ceremonies.
- Do I need to audition? Auditions will be held during the first week of school each semester for chair placement within the band. Music will be posted on the Band web page for download by July 10 for the following school year.
Questions? Contact Dr. Moyer
Band Audition Music
Wind Auditions will be held Tuesday, 8/25 beginning at 5:00 in FPA 134. Know all major scales.
Percussion Auditions will be Monday 8/24 during Studio Class.
TEMPOS: WW - quarter note at 165, BRASS quarter note 160, SNARE eighth note 144, MALLETS, as marked.