What can I do with my sociology degree?
A bachelor’s degree in Sociology provides students with a unique set of skills in critical thinking, social analysis, writing and research that can lead to employment in a wide variety of fields such as:
- Government: city management, community affairs, budget analysis, financial admin.
- Criminal Justice: corrections, rehabilitation, law enforcment, judiciary
- Education: teaching, research, administration, placement offices.
- Business: demography, human resources, management, marketing, sales, consumer reserch.
- Environment: natural resources, management, policy, sustainability.
- Non-profit sector: program planning and evaluation, personnel trinaing and development.
- International Affairs: policy, cross-cultural analysis, health, education.
In addition, students are also exposed to courses in other areas of the Liberal Arts, complimenting their concentration in sociology.
For more infomation about our degree programs go to the following links:
BACHELOR OF ARTS - MAJOR IN SOCIOLOGY
MASTER OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY
MASTER OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY NON-THESIS PLAN
A minor in sociology is also available, acting as a compliment other major programs for those students who have an interest in sociology.
For more information contact:
Gloria Villagran, Department Staff Assistant
Department of Public Affairs and Social Research
Canseco Hall 301 /