Bilingual Education Student Organization (BESO)
The general purpose of the Bilingual/ESL Education Student Organization (BESO) is to:
- Provide an effective organization that promotes bilingual/ESL/bicultural education.
- Facilitate the sharing of information and resources between students and faculty interested or enrolled in bilingual/ESL/bicultural education at Texas A&M International University
- Promote training programs designed to prepare bilingual/ESL/bicultural educators.
- Publicize bilingual/ESL/bicultural education, particularly emphasizing the nature and need for such education.
- Build a rapport/educate parents and other members of the community as to the purposes of bilingual/ESL/bicultural education.
- Provide a means of uniting the Bilingual Education Students for the purpose of enhancing professional and social growth.
- Help promote recruitment of others into the Bilingual/ESL Program at Texas A&M International University.
- Support the Texas Association for Bilingual Education (TABE) and the National Association of Bilingual Education (NABE) in addressing legislative issues at the state and national level which affect the educational needs of linguistically and culturally diverse children.
||Dr. Jacqueline Romano
May 3, 2016 - MANDATORY meeting. It will take place at 8:30 p.m. at Bullock Hall 206.
May 4, 2016 - Last fundraiser for this academic year. We will be selling Flamin' Hots with cheese, Frito Pies, Agua de melon and limon. It will take place at the TAMIU BREEZEWAY from 10:30 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
May 9, 2016 - BESO will be hosting end of the year ceremony; please click here.
As of the Fall 2015 semester, BESO TAMIU has met the short-term goal of recruiting over 25 active members.
Also, as of this semester, BESO has participated in the following events:
- Share-a-Bear with the Sheriff Department on Sept 12, 2015
- San Antonio TABE Affiliates Conference on Sept. 12, 2015
- El Grito with the Campus Activity Board (CAB) on Sept. 15, 2015
- Early 3 Literacy Program with HEB, LISD and UISD from Oct. 16 –Nov. 13, 2015
Student complaints: If you are a student and wish to make a complaint about the College of Education, please follow this complaint resolution link, which is also available at the bottom of each of our web pages. For more informaiton visit Texas Education Agency (TEA) website