Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN/BSN) Current Catalog Information
RN/BSN Application and Supporting Documentation
The RN/BSN Program is an 18-month online program designed for the working RN with either an associate’s degree from an approved school of nursing who has completed all pre-requisites for the BSN program and is ready to concentrate on content specific to professional registered nursing.
How the Program Works
Students must hold an unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in Texas. Students are encouraged to have their transcripts evaluated for credit hours remaining to be fulfilled prior to registering for classes. Registered nurses are granted 34 hours of undergraduate transfer credit upon completion of NURN 3590, Nursing Roles and Practice Transition.
Application deadline for the RN/BSN program is October 31 for enrollment in the Spring semester.
Registered Nurses seeking admission to the RN/BSN program apply directly to the Dr. F. M. Canseco School of Nursing. Admission to the University does not automatically guarantee admission to the Dr. F. M. Canseco School of Nursing. In addition to completing all requirements for general admission to the University, the student must meet the following criteria:
1. Students must have been accepted by Texas A&M International University and must be a declared nursing major.
2. Submit a complete admission application to the Dr. F. M. Canseco School of Nursing.
3. Provide evidence of current licensure without restrictions as a Registered Nurse in Texas.
4. A 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or better cumulative gradate point average in all nursing core courses.
5. At student's expense, verification of criminal background screening and drug screen by a company or agency designated by the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Due no later than the 12th class day of the first semester.
For more information, contact our Undergraduate Admissions Counselor, Anna Buentello, at (956)326-3110 or email@example.com.