Time Management & Study Skills
When you consider taking online courses, it's crucial that you have strong study and time management skills. Online courses require more invested time than a face-to-face course. Here are some tips to help you improve/manage your time management and study skills:
- Avoid procrastination; don't wait until the last minute to identify or submit course assignments.
- Make sure that you identify and are familiar with the technology that you would be using in the course.
Complete the eLearning Student Orientation to become familiar with ANGEL, TAMIU's course management system.
- Follow the course syllabus in order to determine the assignments due date.
- Gather contact information for course and/or technical assistance before the first day of class.
- Set a specific time and place to study.
- Avoid distractions when studying such as watching TV, surfing the net, talking on the phone, etc.
- Postpone other activities until the work is done!
- Use your free time wisely.
Instructional Technology & Distance Education Services
Office of Information Technology
Killam Library 259