TAMIU Receives Funding from the National Institutes of Health for Research Development
Dr. John Kilburn and Dr. Jeffrey Brown received an Extramural Associates Research Development Award (EARDA) in the amount of $474,944. The goal of this award is to strengthen the research administration and establish a solid infrastructure to support and increase research participation by faculty and students. This award assisted in the development of a self-sustaining Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) to facilitate and promote interdisciplinary research as well as coordinate all research related activities for faculty. The ORSP:
1. Provides administrative support to faculty members preparing research-related grant applications
2. Informs faculty about potential funding opportunities
3. Coordinates faculty and student professional development activities
4. Organizes efforts to obtain the necessary resources to increase research participation and productivity
5. Increases the amount of interdisciplinary projects as well as collaborative projects with other institutions
6. Creates Grants Working Group(s)
7. Provided financial support for pilot projects (Pilot Project Funding Program).
The ORSP attends to these objectives by re-evaluating and strengthening research activities with coherent administrative policies and support. Emphasis is given to the areas of funding opportunities for faculty, grantsmanship seminars and training, project administration, compliance with federal regulatory guidelines and procedures, faculty mentoring, and student research activities.