Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
For all those funded by the National Institutions of Health: All students doing research funded by the NIH must complete at least 8 hours of face-to-face Responsible Conduct of Research training. Principal Investigators are required to submit evidence of this training in the form of student sign-in sheets with the date the training was given, the title of the training and a brief description of the materials covered.
- The CITI RCR course consists of text and quizzes for the biomedical, social and behavioral, physical science, humanities, and engineering disciplines on these topics:
- Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Misconduct
- Data Acquisition and Management
- Publication Practices and Responsible Authorship
- Peer Review, Mentor and Trainee Responsibilities
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Collaborative Research
- Celeste Kidd (firstname.lastname@example.org, 326-3028, Killam Building 326) will be monitoring the TAMIU RCR training once each semester to ensure compliance.