V. Public Accessibility of Financial Conflicts of Interest
If the COI Official determines that a Financial Conflict of Interest exists that is related to PHS-funded research, the COI Official shall coordinate with Mr. Steve K. Harmon, the public information officer, to make the following information available in writing to any requestor within five business days after receipt of a request, so long as the Investigator still holds the SFI:
- The name of the Investigator;
- The title and role of the Investigator in relation to the affected research;
- The name of the entity in which the SFI is held;
- A description of the SFI that was determined to be an FCOI; and
- The approximate dollar value of the SFI. If the dollar value cannot be determined by reference to publicly available prices or another reasonable method, the system member shall include a statement to that effect. Dollar values may be provided within ranges, e.g., $0-$4,999; $5,000-$10,000; $10,000-$20,000; $20,000-$50,000; $50,000-$100,000. Amounts over $100,000 may be stated in increments of $50,000.
For all public information request related to non-PHS funded research, the COI Official shall coordinate with Mr. Steve K. Harmon, the public information officer, to ensure that responses to requests comply with Texas Government Code, Chapter 552.
- Conflict of Interest Main Page
- Procedure for Identifying and Managing Financial Conflicts of Interest
- Conflict of Interest Form and Useful Links
- Public Accesibility of Financial Conflicts of Interest
Return to Research Compliance Homepage