GREAT seeks to increase the number of Hispanic students who complete
a graduate degree and are prepared to attain a doctoral degree or
professional career in behavioral, biological, or mathematical
sciences. GREAT activities are planned to address the following
• Retention: Participating fellows will be retained in the program to completion of their degree.
• Engagement: Graduates will present their research findings in a regional or national conference.
• Graduation: Students will successfully complete the Master’s program in 30 months.
To achieve these objectives, GREAT employs the following strategies:
• Provides significant funding, up to $17,000.00 per year, to graduate students throughout their graduate career at TAMIU.
• Provides academic research opportunities to graduate students by working with a faculty mentor.
• Provides stimulating research environments by renowned scientists in the target disciplines.
• Provides students with the academic tools to develop research projects of publishable quality.
• Improves the departmental research and enhances library infrastructure.
• Provides professional development activities for graduate faculty and mentors.
• Provides a graduate student office for the development of an academic community.
Graduate Retention Enhancement
at TAMIU (GREAT)
Department of Behavioral Sciences
Texas A&M International University
Laredo, TX 78041
For additional information, please email email@example.com or call (956) 326-2637. Candidates chosen for this initiative will be contacted via email.