TAMIU SBDC Sets Seminar on Reading,
Understanding Company Financial Statements
The Texas A&M International University Small Business Development Center (TAMIU-SBDC) will be presenting a seminar on how to read financial statements on Friday, Jan. 25, 2008 from 9 a.m. - noon.
The seminar will be held at the Laredo Development Foundation boardroom, 616 Leal Street. A $20 fee includes workbook.
Many business owners don’t know how to read their business statements and rely on advisors to tell them the results. Their input is valuable, but one must be able to understand statements in order to:
- Realize the vital role money plays in every business decision
- Determine if you are making a profit or losing money
- Calculate your current and future financial needs.
For lending purposes, statements will help you determine:
- If you can afford to pay a loan
- Loan amount
- Loan term (number of years)
- Which assets you should buy vs. which assets should be financed
- What collateral is available to secure a loan.
One statement cannot diagnose a company’s financial health, but by putting several statements together, one can make smart financial, investment and management decisions.
For more information or to register, call the TAMIU SBDC office at 956.326.2827, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at email@example.com