Submit Your Nominations for the
TAMIU Distinguished Alumni Awards
The Texas A&M International University Alumni Association is currently accepting nominations for the TAMIU Distinguished Alumni Awards. Deadline for nominations is Thursday, April 1.
“The Alumni Association wishes to recognize the accomplishments of its outstanding alumni and acknowledge their personal, professional and community contributions. The success of our many alumni and students are what make TAMIU what it is today,” said Jesse Gonzalez, special assistant to the VP.
Selected alumni will be given the honor “TAMIU Distinguished Alumni” and thus will be the University Ambassadors to our current students.
Nominations may be made by anyone in the community: alumni, students, family, friends and TAMIU employees.
The nominee must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Humanitarian services and contributions to society
- Involvement in TAMIU-sponsored events or programs
- Significant contributions in creating, implementing or maintaining an Alumni Association program or event
- Displays a positive image for TAMIU in their respective community
- Achieved an outstanding or noteworthy incident or activity
- Accomplishments in his/her chosen field of endeavor or life’s work
- Volunteer or civic involvement.
Mandatory requirements for the nomination:
- Nominees must be living graduates of TAMIU, or its predecessor institutions, with a bachelor’s, master’s, and/or doctorate degree.
- Nominees must be able to attend awards ceremony at TAMIU.
- Current TAMIU faculty, staff, and administration are not eligible.
Make your nomination online or download a form and mail your nomination to: Alumni Selection Committee, Office of Alumni Relations, 5201 University Blvd., Laredo, Texas 78041.
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at firstname.lastname@example.org