Thurs., Nov. 30 is Admission Deadline for College of Education's Graduate Programs

Thursday, Nov. 30 is the deadline to apply for Spring admittance to the graduate programs of the College of Education at Texas A&M International University.

Persons who wish to enroll in the College of Education's graduate programs must first apply to the University for graduate admission and then to the department under which their particular program or degree resides--Professional Programs, Curriculum and Instruction, or Special Populations.

The Department of Professional Programs offers graduate studies in educational administration and school counseling. The Master of Science Degree (MS-Ed) in Educational Administration and Master of Science Degree in Education (MS-Ed) with a major in education and school counseling are offered through this department. Graduate studies for school counseling, school supervision, principalship, and superintendent certification are also offered through the department. Department chair is Dr. Humberto Gonzalez

The Department of Special Populations, chaired by Dr. Linda Medearis, offers graduate studies for Master of Science in Education Degrees (MS-Ed) with majors in Bilingual Education, Early Childhood, Educational Diagnostician, or Special Education. Certification is also available for Bilingual Education, English as a Second Language (ESL), Educational Diagnostics, and Special Education.

The Department of Curriculum and Instruction offers graduate studies for a Master of Science in Education degree (MS-Ed) in Curriculum and Instruction and a Master of Science degree (MS-Ed) in Education with a major in Reading. Through collaboration with Texas A&M University, the Department also offers a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction. Dr. Idalia Rodriguez-Perez chairs the Department.

For more information, contact the University's College of Education at 326-2420 or visit offices located in the Sue and Radcliffe Killam Library, room 328. University office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests and interviews should contact the Office of Public Affairs and Information Services at