TAMIU SBDC Sets Free Seminar on
Understanding Financial Statements
The Texas A&M International University Small Business Development Center will be presenting a free seminar on how to read your financial statements on Friday, March 9, 2007 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The seminar will be held at the Laredo Development Foundation Boardroom, 616 Leal Street.
Many business owners who may not know how to read their business statements rely on advisors to tell them the results. Advisors’ input is valuable, but business owners will benefit from being able to understand to read statements so they may:
- Realize the vital role money plays in every business decision
- Determine if the business is making a profit or losing money
- Calculate current and future financial needs.
For lending purposes, statements will help determine:
- If you can afford to pay a loan
- The loan amount
- The loan term (number of years)
- Which assets to buy vs. which assets to be financed
- What collateral is available to secure a loan.
A single statement cannot diagnose your company's financial health, but several statements will help business owners make smart financial, investment and management decisions.
For more information, or to register, contact the TAMIU SBDC office at 326.2550, 722.0563 or email@example.com.
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at firstname.lastname@example.org