TAMIU-SBDC Sets Free Ag
The Texas A&M International University Small Business Development Center (TAMIU-SBDC) in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resource Conservation Service, and the Webb Soil and Water Conservation District will hold a free seminar/trade show on agriculture issues Thursday, June 19, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Camp Huisache, 7210 East Highway 59, located on East Saunders, approximately 11 miles East of Loop 20. Lunch will be provided.
Those attending the free Seminar will find technical and financial assistance and available programs from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Farm Service Agency (FSA), Rural Development (RD), Texas AgriLife Extension Service, Texas/Mexico Border Coalition CBO, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Texas Department of Agriculture, Capital Farm Credit, and the TAMIU Small Business Development Center.
Speakers and their seminar topics for the event include:
- Flavio Garza Jr., district conservationist, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) - What programs are available to help me with conservation on my property to improve soil and water quality?; What Farm Bill changes are in store for conservation?
- George L. Gonzales, Webb County agricultural extension agent, Texas AgriLife Extension Service - Educational programs available through the Texas AgriLife Extension Service for landowners.
- Omar Garza, chairman, Texas/Mexico Border Coalition Community-Based Organization - What is the Texas/Mexico Border Coalition and how can they help me?
- Margaret Martin, commissioner, Texas Parks and Wildlife - What help can I get from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Programs and Services?
- Raul Villarreal Jr., resource conservation and development coordinator, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service
- David Abbe, state director, Texas Agricultural Statistics Service - What does the Ag Census mean to me?
- Jake Sheeran, area director, USDA-Rural Development (RD) - What funding is available through Rural Development?
- Edmundo J. Garza, farm loan manager, USDA-Farm Service Agency (FSA) -What are Direct Farm Loans? How do the Farm Bill Changes affect the Farm Loan Programs?
- Vidal H. Saenz, farm advisor, Texas AgriLife Extension - How do I complete a USDA Farm Service Agency Loan Application?
- Pete Ramos, program technician, USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) - What FSA Programs are available to landowners?
- Hal Herbelin, vice president, Marketing, Capital Farm Credit - What loan products, services and benefits are available through Capital Farm Credit?
- Nelda Garza, coordinator for Regional Marketing Programs, Texas Department of Agriculture - What I should know about the TDA’s GO TEXAN Marketing Program?
- Lupe Torres, agribusiness and rural economic development specialist, Texas Department of Agriculture - What rural economic development programs does TDA have to offer?
- Mark Mueller, agent, Hargrove Insurance, Overview of the USDA pasture, rangeland, forage drought insurance program.
- Richard Pérez, director, Small Business Development Center-TAMIU, - How I can benefit from SBDC programs?
For more information, call the NRCS office at (956) 723-6643 ext. 3, the TAMIU-SBDC office at 956.326.2827, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at email@example.com