TAMIU SBDC Sets Seminar on Reading,
Understanding Company Financial Statements
The Texas A&M International University Small Business Development Center (TAMIU-SBDC) will be presenting a FREE seminar on how to read your financial statements on Friday, Aug. 17, 2007 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The seminar will be held at the Laredo Development Foundation boardroom, 616 Leal Street.
Many business owners don't know how to read their business statements and rely on advisors to tell them the results. Their input is valuable, but you must be able to understand your statements so you can:
- Realize the vital role money plays in every business decision
- Determine if you are making a profit or losing money
- Calculate your current and future financial needs.
For lending purposes, statements will help you determine:
- If you can afford to pay a loan
- The loan amount
- The loan term (number of years)
- Which assets you should buy vs. which assets should be financed
- What collateral is available to secure a loan.
One statement cannot diagnose your company's financial health, but by putting several statements together, you can make smart financial, investment and management decisions.
For more information or to register, call the TAMIU SBDC office at 326.2550 or 722.0563, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SBDC office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at email@example.com