Explore International Education
Next Week at
International education is an essential component of a modern education. That’s according to a proclamation by Gov. Rick Perry recognizing Nov. 15 – 19, 2010, as International Education Week.
To celebrate International Education Week, the Texas A&M International University division of international programs has scheduled four days of events that will bring the world to TAMIU.
All events are free and open to the public.
“The citizen of this era of global exchange must possess the skills to successfully live and work in an environment where people come from various social, cultural, religious and linguistic backgrounds compete and cooperate,” states the Governor’s proclamation.
“International education prepares our citizens to live, work and succeed in a global economy, while also promoting tolerance, cultural exchange and friendship between Texans and people around the world,” it continues.
The schedule for International Education Week is as follows:
Monday, Nov. 15
- Opening ceremony at the Sue and Radcliffe Killam Library starts at noon with a flag walk that concludes at the AIS postcard exhibit in the Student Center (SC) rotunda.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- Activities include reading of the proclamation, Rio Grande International Study Center presentation, Jordan presentation, Turkish presentation and AIS postcard art exhibit in the SC rotunda at noon.
- Country booths and performances are scheduled in the SC ballroom from 1:30 – 9 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- “Vive La France!” features a French information table from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Western Hemispheric Trade Center (WHTC) foyer.
- International film, “400 Blows” starts at 7:30 p.m. in SC 236.
Thursday, Nov. 18
- International Students Career Day is from 2 – 6 p.m. in SC 114. Topics covered include employment issues, online job bank—DustyWorks, H1-B visa database and networking.
- “Indian Day!” is scheduled from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the WHTC Foyer and concludes with the Indian film, “Rang de Basanti” at 4:30 p.m. in SC 236.
For more information, contact the division of international programs at 956.326.2282 or e-mail email@example.com
Additional information is also available @txamiu on Facebook and Twitter.
University office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at firstname.lastname@example.org