TAMIU Students Encouraged
to Present at Academic Conference
With the spring semester underway, Texas A&M International University graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to start thinking about presenting research projects at the annual TAMIU Lamar Bruni Vergara and Guillermo Benavides Z Academic Conference scheduled for April 6 – 8.
Proposals must be submitted online no later than Friday, March 11, 2011, to tamiu.edu/gradschool/lbvconference
The Conference is the University’s premier academic conference open to all TAMIU students. It gives students an opportunity to present academic research or full-fledged original scholarship, art and performances to the TAMIU community.
Session presentations are free and open to the public.
The Conference also recognizes students for excellent scholarship with cash prizes for best presentation in their disciplines.
Students and student-faculty collaborators interested in participating should submit a proposal with the following information:
- Student’s name (or student/faculty collaborator names)
- Academic rank (senior, junior, etc.) and major/degree program
- Contact information (including e-mail address)
- Professor’s name, semester, and course for which the project was originally completed (if applicable)
- Title of paper/poster/research project/performance
- Approximately 200-word abstract of paper, poster, research project, or performance, which will be used to determine Conference acceptance.
For information on submitting a full paper to the Conference proceedings, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Conference, click on tamiu.edu/gradschool/lbvconference
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at email@example.com