TAMIU Spirit Week
“Spirit Week” at Texas A&M International University starting draws to a close Thursday, Jan. 27.
“ ‘Spirit Week’ is centered upon bringing all current and former Dustdevils together for a week full of activities and opportunities to connect with new friends and reconnect with old friends,” said Mayra Hernandez, associate director, Office of Student Affairs.
Activities include a meet and greet, game of horse with the men’s and women’s basketball teams, spirit day, Mr. and Ms. TAMIU elections, tailgating, basketball games and more.
Events are free of charge and open to the public.
General admission tickets to the basketball games are $5, $3 for students and free for TAMIU students with ID.
The remaining schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Jan. 27
- Pre-game Tailgate: Join the greatest tailgate that South Texas has ever seen! Come join the Student Athletic Advisory Council (SAAC) for hot dogs, hamburgers and other goodies. KCB garden, 3:30 – 5 p.m.
- TAMIU Women’s Basketball Game: TAMIU vs. St. Mary’s, KCB 5:30 p.m.
- Coronation of Mr. and Ms. TAMIU 2011: See who will become the first ever Mr. and Ms. TAMIU. KCB, 7:15 p.m.
- TAMIU Men’s Basketball Game: TAMIU vs. St. Mary’s, KCB, 8 p.m.
- Championship Ring Ceremony: NCAA Division II Men’s Soccer team will be recognized during the Men’s basketball halftime show in the KCB.
- “Spirit Week” After-Party: Join the reigning Mr. and Ms. TAMIU for a fun-filled after hour dance! Dance the night away and celebrate the men’s soccer team NCAA championship. SC Ballroom, 9 p.m.
“Spirit Week” is sponsored by the TAMIU Student Government Association, TAMIU Campus Activities Board, TAMIU Office of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, TAMIU Alumni Association, TAMIU Division of Student Success, TAMIU Office of Student Affairs.
For more information, contact Hernandez at 326.2248 or email@example.com or visit offices in SC 226.
University office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Additional information is available on Facebook @txamiu.osa and at tamiu.edu/calendar
Journalists who need additional information or help with media requests
and interviews should contact the Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information
Services at firstname.lastname@example.org