2.3 The institution has a chief executive officer whose primary
responsibility is to the institution and who is not the presiding officer
of the board.
JUDGMENT OF COMPLIANCE
NARRATIVE/JUSTIFICATION FOR JUDGMENT OF COMPLIANCE
Ray M. Keck, III is
the institution's Chief Executive Officer.
The presidents of component universities are appointed by The Texas A&M
University System Board of Regents on the recommendation of The Texas
A&M University System Chancellor (The
Texas A&M University System
Policy 02:01: Board
of Regents, Section 1.3(3) and Section 1.5), and serve
under direction from the
Texas A&M University System
Policy 02.05: Presidents of Component Universities), having
the following duties and responsibilities and such others as may be duly
by the Chancellor or the Board:
- Administer the total program of the institution under the president's
jurisdiction. Recommend to the Chancellor and the Board of Regents
the appropriate goals, purposes, and role and scope for the institution.
- Recommend an organizational
Chart) necessary to implement the purpose
and mission of the institution and recommend the establishment
- Recommend to the Chancellor the appointment of all personnel requiring
appointment by the Board of Regents.
- Conduct regular periodic evaluations of each administrative officer.
- Coordinate the planning, development and operation of all activities
and programs of the institution.
- Develop legislative budget requests and submit to the Chancellor
for recommendation and action by the Board of Regents.
- Develop annual budgets for operation and construction and submit
to the Chancellor for recommendation and action by the Board of Regents.
- Administer the business and financial management of the institution.
The management function includes, but is not limited to, budget
preparation and implementation, financial and property accounting,
the auditing of
all expenditures and bills presented for payment, and the preparation
of such financial reports as may be required.
- Develop procedures and standards for personnel administration, including
those for employment, wage and salary administration, pay plans
and classification, termination and conditions of employment in conformity
practices and procedures of the System.
- Provide for the operation and maintenance of the physical plant,
the purchase of supplies and equipment, and the maintenance of appropriate
inventories and records of real and personal properties under the
of the institution.
- Explain System policy to the staff and explain the institution's
program needs to the Chancellor.
- Serve as the institutional representative with appropriate former
student associations and any institutionally related development foundations.
The President of the University is not a member of the Board of Regents.
A&M University System Board of Regents
Photo and Biographies)