The complete application must include:
- Student Application and Supplemental Information forms with appropriate signatures.
- The required essay from the student which explains his or her desire to participate in the TexPREP program.
- Two nominations forms: One from Mathematics, and one from a Science/English teacher or counselor (First Year only).
- Latest Official School 2016-2017 report card, which includes Math, Science, and English grades. If Student is not currently taking any of these subjects they must attach an Official Transcript as well.
- Choose Test Date: February 11, 2017 or February 25, 2017. (Testing is required of all applicants). Application will be considered incomplete if not pre-tested. No other test dates will be available.
Application & Testing Fee
**Application will only be accepted, if space is available regardless of deadlines.
• Cash •Credit Cards (American Express, MasterCard, & Visa) •Checks
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation and meals while on the TAMIU Campus.
Application deadline: December 20, 2016 at 3:00 pm. **Application will only be accepted, if space is available regardless of deadlines.
After application is complete, parent/guardian must bring complete application to Student Center 126 to finalize TexPrep application and submit payment.
Faxed, Mailed, Late and/or Incomplete Applications will NOT be accepted, regardless if payment has been made.
Payment of Application/Testing fee DOES NOT constitute acceptance into TexPREP, selection is based on Post-Test & Pre-Test Scores, Grades, Conduct, Essay, and Nomination Forms.
For more information please contact:
TAMIU Office of Special Programs at (956) 326-2700