The complete application must include:
- Student Application and Supplemental Information forms with appropriate signatures.
- The required essay from the student which explains his or her desire to participate in the TexPREP program.
- Two nominations forms: One from Mathematics, and one from a Science/English teacher or counselor (First Year only).
- Latest Official School 2012-2013 report card, which includes Math, Science, and English grades. If Student is not currently taking any of these subjects they must attach an Official Transcript as well.
- Choose Test Date: March 2, 2012 or March 9, 2012. (Testing is required of all applicants). Application will be considered incomplete if not pre-tested. No other test dates will be available.
- Application/testing fee. This fee must be made payable to TAMIU, if payment is made in the form of a check or money order please mail it with your application. Due to administrative billing procedures, our office will no longer accept payments; all payments (cash, check, money order, credit card) must be made at the Cashier’s Window at the Business Office located at University Success Center 137 during regular working hours of Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Application deadline and other information:
Space is limited to 200 participants and entrance is highly competitive. Students will also be tested during the month of March, and the application, essay and test scores will be used to determine selection into the program. A total of 200 applicants will be selected to participate in TexPREP 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th years.
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation and meals while on the TAMIU Campus.
Application will be available starting: November 1st, 2013 at 10:00 am.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2013 at 4:45 pm.
Faxed and/or Late and/or Incomplete Applications will NOT be accepted, regardless if payment has been made.
Payment of Application/Testing fee DOES NOT constitute acceptance into TexPREP, selection is based on Post-Test & Pre-Test Scores, Grades, Conduct, Essay, and Nomination Forms.
For more information please contact:
TAMIU Office of Special Programs at (956) 326-2700