Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) is full of opportunities. The student organizations on our campus are thriving, each of them providing unique opportunities to make your TAMIU experience all that you want it to be. So go ahead-check out the amazing array of opportunities awaiting you. Then make them yours.
Becoming a Student Organization at Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) presents a terrific opportunity to serve the campus community, develop skills within the group, and have a good time in the process. To become a recognized student organization at TAMIU, you will need to:
- Schedule a meeting with the Director of Student Orientation, Leadership and Engagement (SOLE) to discuss the proposed organization and secure the appropriate forms.
- Become familiar with The Leader and TAMIU rules/regulations concerning student organizations.
- Secure at least one (1) advisor for the organization. At least one advisor must be a full-time staff or faculty member at TAMIU.
- Complete the necessary paperwork and submit to SOLE. The necessary paperwork is:
- Student Organization Registration Form (for new organizations only).
- Constitution and by-laws signed by all officers and your advisor(s). Every constitution and/or by-laws must be voted and approved by the majority of your members and have the signatures of all officers and advisors.
- Have your President (or equivalent), Risk Management Officer (or equivalent), and Advisor attend a state mandated Risk Management Training.