ServicesAbility and access services have been established to ensure that every reasonable effort is made to provide equal educational access to students with permanent or temporary disabilities. The following is a list of some of the accommodations for which students may qualify for depending upon their documentation and needs:
- Accessible furniture in classrooms
- Assistance in recruiting note takers
- Assistance in ordering textbooks on CD
- Assistance in recording textbooks when textbooks on CD are not available
- Loans on Assistive Technology
- Materials enlarged (e.g., exams, handouts)
- Sign language interpreters
- Alternative testing arrangements
- Liaison with Faculty, other University offices, and Community Agencies
- Specialized individual or group orientation to campus
Student service fees support the services provided. In some cases there are small fees charged for some testing.
Throughout the semester Disability Services for students provides many formal and informal activities to provide the TAMIU community with information to enhance academic and professional performance. Watch newspapers, bulletin boards, the Internet, etc. for important information and announcements. Our staff is available to provide guest lecture presentations for faculty and in-service training as requested by University departments and student organizations.
Texas A&M International University – Student Counseling and Disability Services for Students University Success Center 138 – Phone: 326-2230