Foreign Travel

***SPECIAL NOTE: Request for Foreign Travel and Risk Assessment Forms must be submitted at least six weeks in advance. 

International Travel Extreme Risk Questionnaire required for all travel to Extreme Risk countries and regions. Click here for list of Extreme Risk Countries.

In addition to the University Employee Travel Request, the Request for Foreign Travel must be submitted to the President's Office at least six weeks prior to travel. The signature of the President is required. State appropriated funds cannot be used for foreign travel therefore it does not require the Chancellor's signature.  Employees need to check with the department secretary for other internal departmental procedures.

In addition to the University Employee Travel Request and the Request for Foreign Travel, the Risk Assessment must be filled out and all three forms submitted to Safety/Risk Management at Physical Plant.  The forms need only the supervisor/account manager signature when turned in to Safety/Risk Management.  After the assessment, the forms are returned to the traveler to obtain the rest of the signatures on the Request for Foreign Travel.  For assistance in filling out the Risk Assessment form, contact safety@tamiu.edu.

Train traq course 2111728: International Travel Safety Safe Passage is required for all foreign travel.  Proof of completion must be attached to Request for Foreign Travel and Risk Assessment.  Required once every three years.

Meal Reimbursement - Receipts not required. Reimbursement is based on actual expenses. Lodging reimbursement - Receipts required.  Reimbursement is based on actual expenses.

**Foreign currency exchange rate used for conversion to U.S. dollars must be noted on travel voucher and receipts.**

What is travel registration?  Travel registration is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country.  Registration allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can use to assist you in case of an emergency.  Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
Register here.