The complete application must include:
- Student Application and Supplemental Information forms with appropriate signatures.
- The required essay from the student which explains his or her desire to participate in the TexPREP program.
- Two nominations forms: One from Mathematics, and one from a Science/English teacher or counselor (First Year only).
- Latest Official School 2014-2015 report card, which includes Math, Science, and English grades. If Student is not currently taking any of these subjects they must attach an Official Transcript as well.
- Choose Test Date: February 28, 2015 or March 7, 2015. (Testing is required of all applicants). Application will be considered incomplete if not pre-tested. No other test dates will be available.
Application & Testing Fee
- Early Bird (Before December 19, 2014, 3:00pm)- $30.00
- Regular Fee (December 22, 2014- February 13, 2015, 3:00pm)- $50.00
- Late Fee (February 12, 2015- March 6, 2015)- $75.00**
- Last Late Fee ( After March 6, 2015)-$100.00***
**Any application after February 12, 2015 will be accepted only if space is available and will have a $75 application and testing fee.**
***Any application after March 6, 2015 will be accepted only if space is available and will have a $100 application and testing fee.***
• Cash •Credit Cards (American Express, MasterCard, & Visa) •Checks
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation and meals while on the TAMIU Campus.
Application deadline: February 12th, 2015 at 3:00 pm.
After application is complete, parent/guardian must bring complete application to Student Center 126 to finalize TexPrep application and submit payment.
Faxed, Mailed, Late and/or Incomplete Applications will NOT be accepted, regardless if payment has been made.
Payment of Application/Testing fee DOES NOT constitute acceptance into TexPREP, selection is based on Post-Test & Pre-Test Scores, Grades, Conduct, Essay, and Nomination Forms.
For more information please contact:
TAMIU Office of Special Programs at (956) 326-2700