All University and Laredo community members are invited to make a suggestion for the common reading book selection. A variety of factors including cost, readability, length, and applicability to our student population are taken into consideration before a final selection is made. The recommendation guidelines for the Reading the Globe Program are as follows:
1. The selection must be set, either partially or completely, in a foreign country.
2. Author must be alive and able to travel to Laredo, Texas.
3. The selection must be between 250-350 pages.
4. The selection must be engaging and accessible to freshmen.
5. Students must be able to travel to the country in which the book is set or to a nearby and/or similar country.
Zaffirini Student Success Center 223
Phone 326-2134 Fax 326-2129