The A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business at Texas A&M International University is making available Fellowship grants to qualified students pursuing a Master’s degree from the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business. The degrees are as follows: Master of Business Administration (MBA); Masters of Professional Accountancy (MPAcc); and Master of Science in Information Sciences (MS-INFS). Fellowships are awarded by academic year. An academic year at Texas A&M International University begins in the fall semester, followed by the spring semester, and ends in summer.
The monetary award for Texas resident recipients will be $1,000 payable in two equal installments (paid after the 12th class day of the fall and spring semesters).
Non -Texas Residents
Non-resident recipients will receive resident tuition status for the semesters within the award year. In addition, non-resident recipients will receive a monetary award of $1,000 payable in two equal installments (paid after the 12th class day of the fall and spring semesters).
Applicants must meet all admission requirements and must be fully admitted to a graduate program in the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business. Fellowship awards will be determined by a Fellowship Committee appointed by the Dean of the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business. The Fellowship Committee will evaluate applications from applicants based on the following information:
- Graduate Business Fellowship Application
- Scholarship Criteria
- Typed Essay
Closing Dates for Applications
Preference will be given to those applicants who submit completed portfolio by the stated deadline; applications received after the deadline may be considered.
- Fall Semester: April 30
- Spring Semester: November 01
The Applicant understands and agrees to the following conditions:
- Meet all entrance requirements and be fully accepted for admission to graduate study at Texas A&M International University and the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business. To determine admission eligibility, the following application material must be submitted:
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts sent directly from each College/University attended or attending
- Official GMAT or GRE score report (unless waived)
- Two letters of recommendation
- One-page statement of purpose
- Updated resume
- International applicants must also provide the following additional information:
- Official TOEFL score of 79 or higher (IBT), IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, or successful completion of the English Language Program at TAMIU’s International Language Institute
- Certificate of graduation
- Required financial documents (financial statement, sponsor’s letter, bank statement)
- Plan to enroll for at least 9 hours per regular semester. Summer sessions are not required, but are covered by the Fellowship.
- Follow the curriculum (degree plan) prescribed for the recipient’s chosen degree, and successfully complete each semester by obtaining a grade point average of at least a 3.25/4.0.
- Fulfill the 60-hour assignment per long semester on projects assigned by the Fellowship supervisor. Typical work assignments may include special research projects, being student host at local economic conferences, providing campus tours to new students and/or assisting with orientation of new students.
- Have an academic record justifying consideration by the selection committee.
The duration of each Fellowship grant is for fall, spring, and summer semesters of the academic award year. A recipient who fails to maintain the required minimum number of hours per semester; maintain the required GPA for the semester and/or fulfill the fellowship assignment will lose the benefits (tuition waiver and monetary award) of the Fellowship for the remainder of the Fellowship period. Graduate Business Fellowship Application