Office of Student Conduct and Community EngagementMenu
The Office of Student Conduct & Community Engagement (SCCE) helps coordinate community and volunteer projects to assist the Laredo area and South Texas region. The purpose is to promote community engagement as a fundamental part of learning and to cultivate a University commitment to help those in need.
SCCE also encourages TAMIU faculty to promote service in the classroom. Students participate in volunteer efforts to acquire leadership skills, critical-thinking skills and social responsibility that will facilitate and promote their academic and professional success. Below you will find service opportunities, in addition to other co-curricular programs to enhance student learning.
Why Should Faculty and Staff Encourage Service?
- Improve lives - make a difference by helping those in need
- Give back to the community
- Connect to others - network, make new friends and strengthen existing relationships
- Learn to build skills and gain experience that will enhance the student resume
- Explore and boost career options - find out about the student's passions
- Fulfill service-learning requirements for class or service hour requirements for scholarship programs
To learn more about the different organizations parterning with TAMIU or promote a service project, please click on the links below.
To learn more about our services, please contact us at 956-326-2286 or visit Student Center 226, Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (except holidays).