TexPREP received over 200 applications and expects to enroll 200 participants in the 2019 program.
TexPREP Summer 2019 applications are now closed.
Applications for the TexPREP summer 2020 program will be available November 4,2019.
Please visit our page November 4, 2019 for application details!
2019 Assessment Fee: $30.00 (Fees change yearly)
Program Fee:$100 (Submitted if and once accepted into the program)
Payment Methods: • Credit and Debit cards ONLY (American Express, MasterCard, & Visa)
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation and meals while on the TAMIU Campus.
- Initial application (Available online or on paper.)
- Student General Information
- Parent/Guardian Contact Information
- Student and Parent Acknowledgment
- Selection of Pre-test Day
- 2 Nomination forms (1st year only)
- Math Teacher
- Science/ English Teacher or Counselor
- Current report card (3rd, 6 weeks)
- HS Transcript (10th-11th grade students)
- 8th grade final report card (9th grade students)
- Rules and Regulations
- Student Contract
- Health Form
- Model Release Form
- Waiver, Indemnification and Medical Treatment Authorization Form
- Student Response Forms
TexPREP Entrance/Placement Exam (Pre-test)
- Pretest exam completion is required as part of the application process, students will be tested as a group in the month of February.
Payment of Application/Testing fee DOES NOT constitute acceptance into TexPREP, selection is based on Post-Test & Pre-Test Scores, Grades, Conduct, Essay, and Nomination Forms.
Student Requirements for TexPREP are the following:
-6th to 8th grader who is not currently enrolled in, or has not previously taken Algebra I
-80 or higher course average in math, science, and English
-Must be in good academic standing in all courses
-Satisfactory nominations from two teachers
Office of Outreach and Precollege Programs
5201 University Blvd, Laredo, TX 78041
Scheiby Fisher , Executive Director Outreach and Precollege Programs
- Email: email@example.com
Diana Aquino, Program Director of Education and Youth Programs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crystal Muniz, Administrative Associate
- Email: email@example.com