MSN Application Requirements
Family Nurse Practitioner and Nursing Administration
- Submit an application to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- A valid RN license without restrictions in the State of Texas.
- A minimum of two years of clinical work experience as a registered nurse with at least one year in the acute care setting.
- A baccalaureate nursing degree (BSN) from a nationally accredited college or university.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) overall and upper division courses.
- A personal interview with graduate faculty members.
- Three academic and professional references indicating achievement and motivation for graduate study. At least one reference should be from a faculty member who taught in the applicant's baccalaureate degree.
- At student's expense, verification of criminal background check and drug screen by a company or agency designated by the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Due no later than the 12th class day of the first semester after admission.
*Please see Policy No. 1 on the College of Nursing and Health Sciences: MSN Student Handbook.