x
  
  

CARES/ARP Grant

Application for Spring 2022 will open in January 10. More information coming soon.

 For more information please visit the FAQs or email cares@tamiu.edu. Due to the high volume of inquiries, please expect a delay in response. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Texas A&M International University serves a broad community of students in Laredo and South Texas with unique needs as a result of the impact of the COVID 19 pandemic. In order to meet the needs of TAMIU students and their families who have been impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, TAMIU will award $5.1 million in emergency grants to assist students as part of its TAMIU CARES/ARP Program.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources. These allocations are designed to provide grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. The CARES/ARP funds will be used to address financial hardship, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).

Funds from the ARP are not considered Estimated Financial Aid.

  • Food insecurity
  • Housing (rental, mortgage, RLC, UV, etc.)
  • Medical expenses (dental, counseling, etc.)
  • School expenses (tuition & fees, books, etc.)
  • Technology (software, laptop, etc.)
  • Utility bills (Internet, water, light, cellphone, etc.)
  • Transportation (vehicle repair, car insurance, airfare, etc.)
  • Other (daycare, etc.)
  • Must be admitted and enrolled for Fall 2021 (Maymester, Sub-term I, Sub-term II, Summer I, II, and III).
  • U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
  • Apply using the TAMIU CARES/ARP Application (available only to eligible students)
  • An application does not guarantee funding
  • If approved, ARP funds will be distributed directly to the student via electronic transfer to your refund preference bank account, unless otherwise noted on your student application. To confirm or update your bank account information, login to your existing BankMobile profile at https://bankmobilevibe.com/

(Updated: 10/08/2021)

CRRSAA Required Reporting – Quarterly Report
Date of Report 10/08/2021 for the Quarter Ended 09/30/2021

View CRRSAA 10/08/2021 Quarterly PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES), Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under section 314(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), and section 2003 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021(ARPA) is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, an equal amount received under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act, and an additional $14,704,001 apportioned in accordance with subparagraphs (A) through (D) of subsection 314(a)(1) under ARPA to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $24,205,757 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act and Section 2003 of the ARP Act from July 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021 was $8,191,675.65. The full $4,750,878 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act was fully expended as of October 30, 2020. 
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act is 8,359 for Fall 2021 and 4,982 for Summer 2021, through summer session 2.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 4,036, under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act is 4,498, and under section 2003 of ARPA is 5,235 as of the last date listed in number 3 above.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, up to $1,000 under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act, and up to $9,320 under Section 2003 of the ARP Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES and CRRSA Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just under $24.6M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 98%, or $24,205,757, are federal funds while the remaining 2%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources. 



Previous Reports

CRRSAA Required Reporting – Quarterly Report
Date of Report 7/9/2021 for the Quarter Ended 6/30/2021

View CRRSAA 7/9/2021 Quarterly PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES), Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under section 314(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), and section 2003 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement.  The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, an equal amount received under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act, and an additional $14,704,001 apportioned in accordance with subparagraphs (A) through (D) of subsection 314(a)(1) under ARPA to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $24,205,757 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act from April 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021 was $1,156,000. The full $4,750,878 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act was fully expended as of October 30, 2020. 
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act is 6,904 for Spring 2021 and 2,509 for Summer 2021, through summer session 1.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 4,036 and under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act to date is 3,218 as of the dates listed in number 3 above.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and up to $1,000 under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act.  Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES and CRRSA Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage:  https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just under $24.6M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 98%, or $24,205,757, are federal funds while the remaining 2%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

CRRSAA Required Reporting – Quarterly Report
Date of Report 4/9/2021 for the Quarter Ended 3/31/2021

View CRRSAA 4/9/2021 Quarterly PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under section 314(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement.  The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and an equal amount received under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $9,501,756 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act from January 1, 2021 - March 31, 2021 was $1,925,390.  The full $4,750,878 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act was fully expended as of October 30, 2020.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act is 6,904 for Spring 2021.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 4,036 and under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act is 1,950 as of the dates listed in number 3 above.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and up to $1,000 under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSA Act.  Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES and CRRSA Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $9.8M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 96%, or $9,501,756, are federal funds while the remaining 4%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – FINAL Quarterly Report
October 30, 2020

View Final PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of October 30, 2020 is $4,750,878.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring, 2,288 for Summer, and 5,975 for Fall.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring, 1,120 for Summer, and 1,876 for Fall as of October 30, 2020.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 45-Day Report
October 3, 2020

45-day v.3 - October 3, 2020 PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information: 

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of October 3, 2020 is $2,436,300.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring, 2,288 for Summer, and 5,975 for Fall.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring and 1,120 for Summer as of October 3, 2020. Fall awards are scheduled to be disbursed in mid-October.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 45-Day Report
August 19, 2020

45-day v.2 - August 19, 2020 PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of August 19, 2020 is $2,436,300.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring and 2,288 for Summer.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring and 1,120 for Summer as of August 19, 2020.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources. 

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 45-Day Report
July 5, 2020

45-day v.1  - July 5, 2020 PDF Report

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information: 

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. 
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of July 5, 2020 is $2,008,600.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545 for Spring and 1,897 for Summer.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring and 746 for Summer as of July 5, 2020.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process.  The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds.  Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Required Reporting – 30-Day Report

30-day - May 24, 2020

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement. The institution further certifies it will use a minimum of 50% of the funds, or $4,750,878.00, received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
  2. TAMIU will receive $4,750,878.00 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
  3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May 24, 2020 is $1,124,500.
  4. The estimated total number of students at TAMIU eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 5,545.
  5. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1,040 as of the date listed in number 3 above.
  6. TAMIU has awarded grants of up to $1,500 under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. Currently enrolled students were able to apply for grants via a simple online application process. The TAMIU Emergency Services Committee received the applications, reviewed them for completeness and eligibility under the CARES Act, and coordinated the awarding of the funds. Eligible students were able to apply for grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies (including technology).
  7. Instructions provided by TAMIU to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants can be found on our dedicated webpage: https://www.tamiu.edu/cares.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students. Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.

(Updated: 10/08/2021)

Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting for HEERF I, II, and III (a)(1) Institutional Portion, (a)(2), and (a)(3), if applicable

*Amounts for Section 314(a)(1) combined with amounts for 18004(a)(1)

View Q3 2021 Quarterly Budget and Expenditure PDF report 

Previous Reports

Institution Name: Texas A&M International University

Date of Report: 10/08/2021

Covering Quarter Ending: September 30

PR/Award Number(s):

  • P425F: 201024
  • P425L: 200042

Total Amount of Funds Awarded:

  • Section (a)(1) Institutional Portion: $31,472,607.00
  • Section (a)(2): $3,479,102.00
  • Section (a)(3): $0.00

Final report? No

Q3 2021 Budget and Expenditure Report

Category

Amount in (a)(1) institutional dollars

Amount in (a)(2) dollars, if applicable

Amount in (a)(3) dollars, if applicable

Explanatory Notes

Providing additional emergency financial aid grants to students.1 $58,328.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Providing reimbursements for tuition, housing, room and board, or other fee refunds. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Providing tuition discounts. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Covering the cost of providing additional technology hardware to students, such as laptops or tablets, or covering the added cost of technology fees. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Providing or subsidizing the costs of high‐speed internet to students or faculty to transition to an online environment. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Subsidizing off‐campus housing costs due to dormitory closures or decisions to limit housing to one student per room; subsidizing housing costs to reduce housing density; paying for hotels or other off‐campus housing for students who need to be isolated; paying travel expenses for students who need to leave campus early due to coronavirus infections or campus interruptions. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Subsidizing food service to reduce density in eating facilities, to provide pre‐packaged meals, or to add hours to food service operations to accommodate social distancing. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Costs related to operating additional class sections to enable social distancing, such as those for hiring more instructors and increasing campus hours of operations. $208,138.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Campus safety and operations.2 $2,319,857.00 $16,939.00 $0.00 PPE, cleaning supplies/services, contact tracing, COVID-19 testing
Purchasing, leasing, or renting additional instructional equipment and supplies (such as laboratory equipment or computers) to reduce the number of students sharing equipment or supplies during a single class period and to provide time for disinfection between uses. $770,429.00 $0.00 $0.00 Nursing simulation lab equipment for new lab
Replacing lost revenue due to reduced enrollment. $1,228,366.00  $0.00 $0.00  
Replacing lost revenue from non‐tuition sources (i.e.,canceled ancillary events; disruption of food service, dorms, childcare or other facilities; cancellation of use of campus venues by other organizations, lost parking revenue, etc.).3 $0.00  $0.00 $0.00  
Purchasing faculty and staff training in online instruction;or paying additional funds to staff who are providing training in addition to their regular job responsibilities. $0.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Purchasing, leasing, or renting additional equipment or software to enable distance learning, or upgrading campus wi‐fi access or extending open networks to parking lots or public spaces, etc. $43,563.00 $0.00 $0.00  
Other Uses of (a)(1) Institutional Portion funds.4 $1,878,641.00     IDC, payroll for additional course designers, advisors, tutors and support coaches, Financial Aid outreach
Other Uses of (a)(2) or (a)(3) funds, if applicable.5   $36,358.00 $0.00 Scholarships, IDC, PPE, air filters, advertising for Financial Aid outreach
Quarterly Expenditures for each Program $6,507,322.00 $53,297.00 $0.00  
Total of Quarterly Expenditures $6,560,619.00

 

1 To support expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus consistent with applicable law. This includes eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance under CARES Act Section 18004(c), or any component of a student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), or child care, per Section 314(c) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), and Section 2003 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP).

2 Including costs or expenses related to the disinfecting and cleaning of dorms and other campus facilities, purchases of personal protective equipment (PPE), purchases of cleaning supplies, adding personnel to increase the frequency of cleaning, the reconfiguration of facilities to promote social distancing, etc.

3 Please see the Department’s HEERF Lost Revenue FAQs (March 19, 2021) for more information regarding what may be appropriately included in an estimate of lost revenue.

4 Please post additional documentation as appropriate and briefly explain in the “Explanatory Notes” section. Please note that funds for (a)(1) Institutional Portion may be used to defray expenses associated with coronavirus (including lost revenue, reimbursement for expenses already incurred, technology costs associated with a transition to distance education, faculty and staff trainings, and payroll).

5 Please post additional documentation as appropriate and briefly explain in the “Explanatory Notes” section. Please note that funds for (a)(2) and (a)(3) may be used to defray expenses associated with coronavirus (including lost revenue, reimbursement for expenses already incurred, technology costs associated with a transition to distance education, faculty and staff trainings, and payroll).


(Updated: 09/01/2020)

In accordance with the reporting requirements of Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Texas A&M International University (TAMIU), an institution receiving funds under this section, is providing the following information:

  1. TAMIU acknowledges that the University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement.
  2. TAMIU will receive $667,576 from the Department pursuant to the University’s Certification and Agreement in grants for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs), and other Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs).
  3. The total amount of funds for Recipient’s Minority Serving Institutions Costs reimbursed under Section 18004(a)(2) of the CARES Act as of September 1, 2020 is $0.

TAMIU Cares will provide just over $5.1M in emergency grants to students.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources. 

TAMUS Emergency Regent's Grant

The Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) Emergency Regent's Grant provides limited emergency financial support to currently enrolled undergraduate degree-seeking Texas resident students who are unable to meet essential expenses due to unforeseen hardship. Decisions regarding disbursement of funds are made on a case-by-case basis. Awards are not considered loans and do not require repayment. Some funds may be considered income and are therefore subject to federal taxes. This grant will affect your financial aid package as it may not surpass your cost of attendance.

This is an annual assistance program if approved. This grant may cover school expenses such as tuition and fees, textbooks, lodging and meals.

For more information about the TAMUS Emergency Regent's Grant, please visit the Office of Financial Aid located at Zaffirini Success Student Center 214 or contact us at 956.326.2225 or email financialaid@tamiu.edu.

  • Texas Resident seeking 1st Undergraduate Program.
  • Be in Good Academic Standing.
  • Student/Family FAFSA adjusted gross income must be between $40,000 - $100,000. In extraordinary circumstances, the university may request authorization from the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs to award a grant to a student above or below that criterion on a case by case basis.
  • Student/Family must have an unforeseen hardship. Something unforeseen is something that could not be predicted and was not expected.

 

DUSTY'S FOOD PANTRY 

No student should go hungry. There is a perception that if a student can afford to go to college, they can also afford food. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.

Dusty's Food Pantry helps currently enrolled students focus on their studies without having to face the burden of food insecurity. The goal is to provide a temporary supplemental supply of non-perishable goods to students who submit the required online form.

Contact the Office of Student Conduct and Community Engagement at 956.326.2265 or send us an email at scce@tamiu.edu 

 

Dusty's Food Pantry

 

Loaner Laptop Program

 

TAMIU has developed a Loaner Laptop Program to support students whose access to technology is a challenge.

To qualify for the program, applicants will complete a simple online questionnaire, contract and acknowledgement.  Applicants must be current TAMIU students, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and be fully paid for the semester of enrollment to be eligible. Computers will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. 

Contact the Office of Outreach and Pre-College Programs at 956.326.2720 or email outreach@tamiu.edu.

Loaner Laptop Application

 

Dustdevils helping dustdevils

 

Your donation of any amount will provide students with food and help with housing, childcare, gas, and other basic needs. Every gift matters. Your donation can help students get through difficult times and on course to graduation.


Resources