To be considered by TAMIU Graduate School, you must meet the following minimum requirements below and the requirements of the individual graduate program to which you are applying. Visit our Graduate Programs to discover your specific degree requirements afterwards.
Track your application status after applying.
Complete and submit your application for Graduate Admission via ApplyTexas
. This allows us to open your student admission file.
Pay your application fee Online
, by Mail, or In-Person.
*Submit official, stamped, and sealed University/College transcripts from all previous institutions with a posted Bachelor's degree from a University/College of recognized standing. TAMIU transcripts are not required.
Additional Requirements for International Students*
*Students who are not U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Official Certificate of Graduation
- Use a Foreign Credential Evaluation Service for credential translation
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS score reports
- TOEFL Minimum Score: 79
- IELTS Minimum Score: 6.5
- Students seeking admission into our doctoral program are required to have a minimum TOEFL score of 100 or an IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0.
Preferred Admission Deadlines
- Fall Semester - July 1st
- Spring Semester - November 1st
- Summer I - April 1st
- Summer II - May 1st
- Fall Semester - June 1st
- Spring Semester - October 1st
- Summer I - March 1st
- Summer II - April 1st
Senator Judith Zaffirini Student Success Center, Suite 206
5201 University Boulevard Laredo, Texas 78041