Dr. Marivic Torregosa and her FNP graduate students presented their research work at a prestigious international nursing research conference, The 26th International Nursing Research Congress in San Juan, Puerto Rico (July 23-27, 2015). This conference was sponsored by the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
MSN Application Requirements
Family Nurse Practitioner and Nursing Administration
1. Submit an application to the Office of Graduate Studies.
2. A valid Texas RN license without restrictions.
3. A baccalaureate nursing degree from a nationally accredited college or university.
4. Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course.5. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) overall and upper division courses.6. A personal interview wiht a faculty member.7. Three academic and professional references indicating achievement and motivation for graduate study. At least one reference should be from a faculty member who taught in the applicant's baccalaureate degree.
5. At student's expense, verification of criminal background check and drug screen by a company or agency designated by the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Due no later than the 12th class day of the first semester after admission.
*Please see Policy No. 1 on the College of Nursing and Health Sciences: MSN Student Handbook.