TAMIU Modified Student Services Schedule Continues March 30 – April 3
As part of Texas A&M International University’s (TAMIU) continued response to COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) and transition to a Virtual Environment, several schedule modifications have been made to student services on campus.
While online courses resumed Monday, March 23, all face-to-face courses return on Monday, March 30 in a TAMIU Virtual Environment. The Virtual Classroom is located within the University’s eLearning system, Blackboard, and offers a variety of resources to assist students.
Students will be able to logon and listen to their professor’s lecture in real-time, take an exam, participate in a discussion session, and more. The Virtual Classroom will be accessible using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or home computer and an internet connection.
The following modified schedule will be observed Monday, March 30 through Friday, April 3.
- Senator Judith Zaffirini Student Success Center will open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The Sue and Radcliffe Killam Library (KLM) will open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Dusty’s Diner will open during its regular hours, Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- The Food Court will open 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- The OIT Help Desk will operate from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The SkyLab will open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The University Learning Center will provide online tutoring services from 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- The Writing Center will offer online tutoring and supplemental instruction sessions, Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The Bookstore will be open from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The Kinesiology, Wellness and Recreation Center is tentatively scheduled to reopen April 6.
- The Lamar Bruni Vergara Planetarium will be closed through April 30.
All office hours and services subject to change. Prior to visiting campus, contact specific department/office by phone or email, or visit their respective websites for the most up-to-date information. Additional information is also available at in the FAQ section of our University’s dedicated COVID-19 website.
Several large-scale University events have been postponed including the Alumni Golden Celebration, the Military Appreciation BBQ and Car Show, The Big Event (all March 28, 2020). The Lamar Bruni Vergara Academic Conference (April 7 - 8) is cancelled as are the Celebration of Life and Comm Week. The 25thAnnual University Life Awards are cancelled.
Additionally, all events scheduled by the Department of the Fine and Performing Arts have been cancelled for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. This includes all dance and music concerts, theatre productions and art exhibits.
Also postponed are Pre-Commencement Exercises, Spring Commencement Exercises, the 6thAnnual International Mariachi Festival, and Ring Ceremony.
The University will continue to monitor the developing situation and is in constant coordination and communication with the Laredo Health Department, and the Texas A&M University System, the Centers for Disease Control and the State Department.
Additional information will be posted regularly on the University’s dedicated COVID-19 Awareness site at https://go.tamiu.edu/covid19-awareness.
That site includes responses to Frequently Asked Questions, international resources, campus updates, Virtual Classroom resources, event cancellations and postponements, information in both English and Spanish, contact information and more.