- Abstracts for papers or posters in any area of linguistics
are welcome, although proposals on the theme are particularly
encouraged, as are proposals dealing with language issues
of special interest in the Southwest.
- Proposals for complete panels with 2-4 speakers are
also welcome. Early submission of panel proposals is desirable.
- Presentation time for papers will be twenty minutes
plus ten minutes for discussion.
- Abstracts may be in English or Spanish. Presentations
should be given in the same language as the abstract.
- Only one abstract as single author and a second as co-author
will be accepted from any one individual.
- Submissions by graduate students are welcome, and students
are eligible for the Helmut Esau Prize, a $250 cash award.
- Abstracts should be 250-500 words, single-spaced in
11 point Times New Roman font. Abstracts should summarize
the main points and indicate key aspects of the data and
methodology. Use of special font items should be kept
to a minimum. In general, omit the bibliography. At the
conference, abstracts will be distributed as received.
- At the beginning of the abstract, write the title of
the paper. At the end of the abstract, repeat the title
and also list the author's name (if more than one author,
list names in the order they should appear in the program),
academic affiliation, mailing address, telephone number,
- If the author will not be available at his/her usual
address or e-mail during the summer, provide summer contact
information in the cover e-mail. Also note whether any
A-V equipment will be needed.
- Abstracts should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
as a PDF, Microsoft Word, RTF, or text file attachment.
Special font items travel best as a PDF. In addition to
sending the abstract as an attachment, please paste the
text of the abstract into the e-mail message itself. Authors
without access to e-mail may mail a disk copy accompanied
by a paper copy to LASSO VP Kati Pletsch de García,
Texas A&M International University, 5201 University
Blvd, Laredo, TX 78041.
- Authors will receive a reply notifying them that their
abstracts are under consideration. If such notification
has not been received within one week, the abstract did
not reach its destination and should be resent.
- Authors will be notified by early July as to whether
their papers have been accepted.
- Participation in LASSO is a privilege of membership;
this means that an individual must be a current member
in order to be listed in the conference program. For membership
information, contact LASSO Executive Director Patricia
MacGregor-Mendoza at email@example.com.
- For further conference information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit the website http://www.tamiu.edu/coas/lla/lasso.shtml