Office of Student Health Services
Ability and access services have been established to ensure that every reasonable effort is made to provide equal educational access to students with permanent or temporary disabilities.
The following is a list of some of the accommodations for which students may qualify for depending upon their documentation and needs:
- Accessible furniture in classrooms
- Assistance in recruiting note takers
- Assistance in ordering textbooks on CD
- Assistance in recording textbooks when textbooks on CD are not available
- Loans on Assistive Technology
- Materials enlarged (e.g., exams, handouts)
- Sign language interpreters
- Alternative testing arrangements
- Liaison with Faculty, other University offices, and Community Agencies
- Specialized individual or group orientation to campus
Arrangements for Accommodations are made by contacting
the Disability Services Coordinator, Cynthia Garces
Disability Services for Students Info Card
Student service fees support the services provided. In some cases there are small fees charged for some testing.
Throughout the semester Disability Services for students provides many formal and informal activities to provide the TAMIU community with information to enhance academic and professional performance. Watch newspapers, bulletin boards, the Internet, etc. for important information and announcements. Our staff is available to provide guest lecture presentations for faculty and in-service training as requested by University departments and student organizations.
February 20th 2014-Disability Movie Night
Student Center Theater 236 - 6:00pm
The King's Speech
Texas A&M International University – Student Counseling and Disability Services for Students
Senator Judith Zaffirini Student Success Center 138 Phone: 326-2230