Quality Matters promotes a peer review process and provides a database of trained QM Peer Reviews eligible for assignment to a peer review team.
Role of QM Peer and Master Reviewers
Faculty members desiring to become peer reviewers at TAMIU will obtain the following duties in a course review:
- Assist in bringing a course to meet and achieve QM expectations.
- Assume a mentorship role for Faculty Online Course Developers.
- Dedicate at least three weeks for course review:
- Convene with Peer Review Team
- Independently review a course(s)
- Make decisions regarding modifications and revisions
- Write constructive feedback and make appropriate suggestions
Experienced peer reviewers may become master reviewers for course reviews. Their role includes:
- Guiding the entire review process.
- Ensuring the rigor and consistency of the peer review process.
- Coaching peers to ensure helpful recommendations are provided for course improvements.
Benefits of a QM Peer Reviewer
As a peer reviewer, the following benefits will be incurred with the faculty member's participation:
- Become an integral part of the improvement of the quality of our online courses
- Receive national QM certification recognition
- Become part of a prestigious QM Peer Reviewer database
QM Peer Reviewers at TAMIU
Our current list of TAMIU peer reviewers include:
Dr. Patricia Abrego
Dr. Weam Al-Tameemi
Dr. Frances Bernat
Dr. Whitney Bischoff
Dr. Kelly Frailing
Dr. Milton Mayfield
Dr. James Norris
Ms. Daniela Rodriguez
Dr. Claudia San Miguel
Dr. Bernice Sanchez
Dr. Loudres D. Viloria
Dr. Patricia Uribe
Dr. Miroslava Vargas
Mr. Roberto Vela
Dr. Carol Waters
Our current list of TAMIU master reviewers include:
Interested in becoming a QM Peer Reviewer at TAMIU?
To become a peer reviewer, the following pre-requisites must be met:
- Must be an experienced online instructor having taught within the past eighteen months, either full-time faculty or adjunct.
- Must attend and successfully complete Quality Matters workshops: Applying the QM Rubric workshop and the Peer Reviewer Course.
- A peer reviewer application and current Memo of Understanding must be on file with Quality Matters.
Faculty members interested in becoming a peer reviewer for TAMIU may email email@example.com to begin the process in becoming certified as peer reviewer.
Office of Information Technology
Instructional Technology & Distance Education Services
Killam Library, Room 259
Phone: (956) 326-2792
Fax: (956) 326-2299