- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE): SHPE changes lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development.The purpose of this student chapter is to interest and inform current and future students of Laredo and surrounding areas about the various fields of engineering; as well as to provide opportunities for current students to enrich their knowledge and assert their career choice.
- TAMIU DustyTRON Robotic: The DustyTRON Robotics was established in order to build a multidisciplinary team that works on projects, which focus on building Robots, Mining and Exploration, Intelligent Systems, Quadcopter/Drones, Development of Intelligent Systems Algorithms, Modeling and Design Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems/Lines, and Learning CNC Machine Operations. This team will be competing in local, national and international events/competitions such as TAMIU Drone Competition, NASA Robotic Mining Competition (RMC) and NASA Swarmathon.
- TAMIU DustyMOTOR - Society of Automotive Engineers International: This organization will be working as a team to help each other in the process of repairing and DYI procedures. The mission of the DustyMOTOR shall be to encourage students and faculty to be hands-on and work on repairing their own cars while providing the required engineering skills and tools to help in such jobs. This organization will try to promote love to cars and their maintenance and how to be a clever user how can fix car problem or diagnosis or know if the repair is done well. Students will be gaining skills that will help them to be better. This group organization will be participating in some local, national and international events such as Formula Student (Institute of Mechanical Engineering) and Formula SAE® is a student design competition organized by SAE International (formerly Society of Automotive Engineers).
- International Petroleum Student Organization (PETRUM): PETRUM aims to inform TAMIU’s current and future students about the diversity of fields in the petroleum industry, and to provide opportunities for each student to successfully pursue a petroleum engineering minor. PETRUM is open for students of all majors, being the main goal to enrich the students’ knowledge, leadership, and networking skills to accomplish and ensure a successful career in petroleum engineering.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE): The mission of the Society of Women Engineers shall be to work on gathering all engineering students, especially female. It will be aiming to stimulate women to achieve full potential to be engineers and leaders of tomorrow, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrate the value of diversity.
- Student Engineering Council (SEC) - The Engineers' Council exclusive purpose is to provide the professional advancement of engineering students and the department at Texas A&M International University.
- TAMIU Rocketry Club: The goal of the TAMIU Rocketry Club is to give students the opportunity to build high-powered rockets from the ground up and learn about how they work and what they can do. Whether someone wants to learn rocket science, computer science, or just watch rocket launches, they'll get what they came for and much more! Participants will have the opportunity to enter the annual NASA Student Launch, a research-based competition where school rocketry teams travel to Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama to compete against other schools in presentations and the launching of large, complex rockets (five to 14 feet tall) to altitudes of more than five thousand feet. Students who go to this competition get to tour NASA's advanced manufacturing and testing facilities and the U.S. Space and Rocket Center.
School of Engineering
5201 University Boulevard, Lamar Bruni Vergara Science Center 312, Laredo, TX 78041-1900