Time Management & Study Skills
When you consider taking online courses, it's crucial that you have strong study and time management skills. Online courses require more invested time than a face-to-face course. Here are some tips to help you improve/manage your time management and study skills:
- Avoid procrastination; don't wait until the last minute to identify or submit course assignments.
- Follow the course syllabus in order to determine the due dates for your assignments.
- Be aware of your university's maintenance schedule. In case a system maintenance is planned for a specific date, make sure any assignments due around the same time are submitted in advance.
- Make sure that you identify and are familiar with the technology that you would be using in the course. View the Student eLearning Orientation page to become familiar with Blackboard, TAMIU's learning management system.
- Set a specific time and place to study.
- Avoid distractions when studying such as watching TV, surfing the net, talking on the phone, etc.
- Postpone other activities until the work is done!
- Use your free time wisely.
Office of Information Technology
Instructional Technology & Distance Education Services
Killam Library, Room 259
Phone: (956) 326-2792
Fax: (956) 326-2299