Skip to content
x
  
  
Financial Aid Still Available for Fall at TAMIU, Students Encouraged to Apply Now Posted: 7/09/20

Financial Aid Still Available for Fall at TAMIU, Students Encouraged to Apply Now

 

Student Center
 

Students planning to attend Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) this Fall can still apply for financial aid.

Laura Elizondo, TAMIU Financial aid director, said last Fall TAMIU awarded over $35 million in financial aid to students and that funds are still available for qualifying students who wish to apply this Fall.

TAMIU Fall 2020 classes start Monday, Aug. 24 and applications for admissions and registration are still underway.

Financial aid applications can be filed through the FAFSA website at: www.fafsa.ed.gov

Students who have questions or need assistance when completing their financial aid application can contact the TAMIU Financial Aid Office at financialaid@tamiu.edu and schedule a WebEx appointment.

“Now is the time for prospective students and current students and their parents to contact us and get answers to any questions they may have, and complete their financial aid application,” Elizondo said, “For students considering deferring their dream education this Fall, our message to them is don’t. Our staff is dedicated to assisting families in their application process and we look forward to meeting them virtually.”

Types of financial aid available to qualified students include the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal TEACH Grant, Texas Grant, Texas Public Education Grant, Texas Resident Assistant Grants, Educational Aide Exemption, Federal Direct Subsidized Loans, Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans, College Access Loans, Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, as well as  Federal College Work Study and State College Work Study opportunities, Elizondo said.

The deadline to apply for the Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is July 31, Elizondo said.

A full list of scholarships available through TAMIU and their requirements can be found at the TAMIU Office of Financial Aid website at:  https://www.tamiu.edu/finaid/scholarships.shtml

TAMIU will also award $5.1 million in emergency grants to students by the end of the Fall semester to assist them as part of its TAMIU CARES Program.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%,  or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources. TAMIU CARES grants are designed to meet the needs of TAMIU students and their families who have been impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Students must submit the 2021 FAFSA and have a complete file to be considered for the CARES Program, Elizondo explained, adding that an email with further instructions will be sent to all eligible students.

Registration for Fall 2020 is now underway. TAMIUFlex, Hybrid, Face-to-Face and online courses will all have the same tuition rates. An online catalog containing a list of all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs is at http://catalog.tamiu.edu

TAMIU ranks 5th in the nation among the 100 Most Affordable Public Schools with the Highest Return on Investment (ROI), according to ranking authority Great Value Colleges. U.S. News and World Report’s 2020 Edition of its popular Best Colleges guide ranks TAMIU as the second highest-ranked Texas public university in its Best Regional Universities West category and the highest-ranked regional campus of the Texas A&M University System.

Most recently, TAMIU earned a top tier ranking for its COVID-19 Pandemic response. The 2020 Educate to Career College ranking placed TAMIU in Tier I for colleges and universities that have responded to the pandemic in ways that benefit and protect students, especially in terms of available online learning resources. Some 1200 colleges across the nation were reviewed.

As part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, TAMIU’s campus is closed only to the general public. Entry to campus continues for students, faculty, staff and those having legitimate reasons to be on campus. Online and virtual services at the University continue, practicing all CDC Guidelines on gathering, masking and social distancing and with most staff working remotely.

Office hours are subject to change and it is recommended that phone or email contact be made first to determine the office’s schedule of operation. An online directory is here. Additional information on the University’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 Pandemic is available on its online COVID-19 Response Center, located at https://www.tamiu.edu/coronavirus/index.shtml

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Related News